Business Valuation Services
Having your business valued gives you, the owner, a planning tool that helps you identify ways to start making your business more valuable now so that you can sell the business at a higher profit when you are ready to do so.
When should you have your business valued?
Key events in which business valuations are appropriate include:
- Upon death of an owner/partner
- Upon gifting (charitable or non-charitable)
- When structuring a buy/sell agreement
- Prior to the sale of a business
- During succession planning
What are the benefits of a business valuation?
There are major areas in which a business valuation is crucial:
- Compliance – All businesses are required by the IRS to be valued for estate and gift tax returns.
- Planning – When structuring a buy/sell agreement, formulating financial plans, or as a part of a merger/acquisition.
- Litigation – The correct value of a business will assist in resolving stockholder disputes, determining damages, settling insurance claims and solving other business disputes.