Introduction to Closely-Held Businesses Services
Closely-held and emerging businesses face a myriad of accounting and auditing challenges that differ from those encountered by larger, public companies. With limited resources they rely more on building strong relationships with outside business advisors who are readily accessible and as committed to developing a successful business as the owners of the company.
At Gregory, Sharer & Stuart, we understand the importance of those relationships and the unique set of skills needed to serve our clients in this area.
For more than 20 years we’ve been helping emerging, growing and mature closely-held businesses work through complex business issues and concerns. From business structure and entity selection to tax and succession planning, we offer a range of services you’ll need throughout the life cycle of your business.
We’ve worked with many of our family owned business clients through several generations, approaching business decisions with the same level of commitment as that of the management team.
Services for Closely-Held Businesses
- Business structure and entity selection
- Assistance in obtaining financing and preparation of loan packages
- Company/Shareholder combined planning and execution
- Shareholder buy-sell agreements
- Tax return preparation and estimated tax payments
- Review and compilation of financial statements
- Financial statement audits
- Internal audit services
- Pension plan and 401(k) plan audits
- Business succession planning
- Estate and retirement planning
- Business sales
- Valuation of assets, liabilities and businesses in family law disputes
- Cost segregation studies
- R&D credit studies
- Cash flow analysis
- General business advice
We’re committed to helping clients grow their businesses and personal wealth. We’ll help you address your personal financial concerns as well as issues related to growth, profitability and eventual succession of the business to heirs or unrelated management. Our goal is to support you in a way that allows you to concentrate on those matters that are most strategic for your business’s long term success.